Friday, July 2, 2010

Cleaning & Shopping

I slept in a little this morning but when I finally decided to vacate my comfy bed, I was motivated to clean the garage. Not only was I setting out to clean up, but also to scrub the concrete floor! Ambitios, I know! The "process" didn't begin until after lunch. I wanted to be sure that I had plenty of fuel to last a while, although I was sure I wouldn't be out there all day. Ha!

The girls were very helpful in the beginning. Then, their friend/neighbor came over. There went the help! That's alright though. They did everything I needed them too, and a little more. No complaints!

I was proud of myself, tossing things in the recycle bin, throwing stuff out, and organizing the rest. And even though my scrubbing on the floor didn't remove any of the stains, it did remove the surface dirt which made me feel better. By the time I finished, it was 6:00 and Hubby was pulling into the driveway just in time to see my effort.  So much for not being out there all day!

My friend called during my clean-up project and said she needed some girl time - dinner & shopping. So, I went! After all that cleaning, her suggestion couldn't have come at a better time. Jason didn't care, Emily had gymnastics for two hours and Katie was playing with the neighbors. We went to Chipotle for dinner (Yum!) and then to Ikea. We didn't have a whole lot of time to shop once we got there, but it was just enough for me to find a few things I couldn't live without. One thing I've been keeping an eye out for were boxes for storing artwork. You know that a small paper size box just isn't big enough for some of the papers. Well, I found some at Ikea that I think will be perfect! And best of all, they were only $2.99 for a pack of two!



I also got some batteries & light bulbs, since they are really cheap there, and a couple of simple frames for the kids' special artwork. Oh, and of course, I got some dark chocolate bars!

Today, I am thankful for...
  • yet another gorgeous day.
  • energy to clean the garage.
  • help from my children.
  • time with a good friend.
  • a supportive husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment