Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up: When Change is a Good Thing!

Another week down in the books.  I grew tired of schooling in the "classroom" and felt like we needed a change.  Since the big comfy chair in the living provides a great resting place for my back, this room served as our classroom pretty much all week.  And my back is thanking me!  It feels so much better.

Some schooling was done in the kitchen, which was of great benefit to me.  I was able to cook and clean while watching over the kids doing their work.  This might be the new norm for us.  Don't get me wrong, it's great to have a dedicated room for school.  But it often feels confined and boring.  It's good to have options.

I'm pleased with what we did this week, although we haven't gotten ahead like I wanted.  The Bible study I'm in is very time-consuming.  I love it, but it takes a lot of time and meets on Thursday mornings.  That, combined with flying this ship solo while Hubby is away, makes for very busy days.

We spent Monday mostly doing life skills.  Some book work did get done in the morning, but after that, we got moving with our household chores.  The dishes had piled up and the dining table was a bit messy.  There was barely a place to sit in the living room.  So, we cleaned it all up.  We even took it a step further by polishing the stainless appliances in the kitchen & thoroughly cleaning the glass cooktop!  Um, yeah, I was having company!!!  Usually a small crowd of guests doesn't warrant a massive clean-up.  But I was in the mood and it felt good to get all that done!  The kids didn't complain about helping either.

We haven't had a chance to work on our picture frame project.  But don't worry, I'm not giving up on it!  Maybe we'll have time for it this weekend.  Or not.  We have games, practices, and a birthday party...all on Saturday!

Does anyone know where I could get bamboo poles - cheap or even free?  We would like to use bamboo to make some decorations for our Relay campsite.



Visit Weekly Wrap-Ups to see how other homeschoolers are doing!

2 comments:

  1. New school places can add new excitement and interest to every day school. We mostly do school at the DR table, but sometimes on the LR sofa and in the warmer weather outside on a plastic resin table or in the hammock. This year the kids will have the option of their tree house! And every once in a while when the weather is good we'll pack up school and head to the state park and do school on a picnic table (inbetween playing in the sand). Stopping by from Weekly Wrap-up!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be able to switch up the *classroom*, isn't it? We've done that a lot lately~especially going outside on the pretty days!

    ReplyDelete