Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Children's Homer

Against my judgment of this book and despite a few adverse reviews, I decided to go ahead and start reading The Children's Homer with Emily, to give it a fair chance.  Surprisingly, we kinda like it.  Well, I do.  Emily grumbles when I pull it out.  But we always have a fun conversation about the chapters after we read them and I believe she is secretly fascinated.  And even more surprising, she wants to read some of it to me!  You just have to know how this makes my heart sing and my feet jump for joy!

Speaking of JOY... Emily came to me today telling me that she knows what it means.  Huh?  Yes, that was my response.  She was very excited to tell me:  "JOY - Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last."  I had that written on a little piece of paper on my desk and Emily found it.  I love how God used my child to remind me that in everything I do, I should do it first for Him. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like that definition of JOY! How are you faring without hubby this week? Or is he back already? Anyway, been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I saw that same JOY sign up at the church where we meet for co-op and have been thinking of making it kind of a theme for our school year next year! Love it!

    ReplyDelete