Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fun Day

I think the sunshine was good for us today.  After school, I took the kids out for a late lunch and used our free meal coupons (gotta love that!).  It was around 1:30 when we went so we were all pretty hungry.  After that, we went to the YMCA to swim.  I've had terrible back pain since Friday and thought that being in the water would help.  It was bonus for the kids!  They didn't care why we were there, they were just happy to swim!  We hadn't been swimming since last summer and Katie still hadn't mastered floating on her back.  Well, she got it today!  Yay!!!

I did "torture" them, according to Katie, by making them sit on the bench for a little while so that I could soak in the hot tub.  Now that felt really good on my back.  To make up for the torture, I let them get in the warm water pool where they got to go down the slides.  This was the first time Katie went down the big slide and she came down so fast, I thought I'd have to jump in to scoop her off the bottom of the pool!  But, she did fine.  She didn't do again though!  Because of that, I was surprised that Emily went down.  She came down even faster and kind of sideways with her body almost completely straight.  She looked like a torpedo!  She didn't do it again either!

By the time we left, I realized that we had been there for three hours!  And we still needed to go to the grocery store for a few essentials!  But, no one complained.  Not even me, with my painful back.  We knew what we had to do and we did it.

On the way home, Emily said with much excitement, "this was a really fun day!"  And Katie so kindly thanked me for doing so many fun things with them today.  They were wiped out and were easy to get into bed and asleep tonight. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete