Monday, April 25, 2011

Overflowing Bookshelves

You know it's time to purge when books end up on the floor because there's no more room for them on the shelves!  That's where I'm at right now.  Our office/classroom looks like a used book sale after a herd of homeschoolers came through!  Does anyone else buy books for school, thinking you'll use them but never do?  I don't do that as much, but I still have a slew of workbooks that are probably great but we just don't have time for them!

Let the Spring Cleaning begin!  Of course, I write this with much enthusiasm but it's 11:00 p.m., so it's highly likely that the enthusiasm will fade by morning!

4 comments:

  1. Go for it - you'll feel so much better! I'm not generally a pack-rat, but with books it's been another thing - they've collected just as you describe. But this spring I took a financial hit and realized I had to sell some of those books in order to finance next year's curriculum - so I bit the bullet and started listing my things on various forums. And, truly, it feels so good to clear stuff out...to bless others with it (because it is good stuff, even though I won't use it)...and to get the $$ for the next needed stuff besides. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of purging our books also. They don't read them and they all fall off the shelves also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are more interested in checking books out at the library than pulling them off our own shelves! Yep, time to purge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your enthusiasm was still there this morning! I usually wait until we're all finished with school for the year and then go through all the shelves. And it usually takes me several days to get it done!

    ReplyDelete