Monday, December 13, 2010

Last Week Before Break!

With this being our last week of school before we break for Christmas, I thought I'd write myself a motivational post!  In the process, maybe I'll motivate others too.

I commit myself to:
  • start each day with a personal devotion.
  • stay focused.  Maybe we'll finish the week early! :)
  • not fret over a coat that was not hung up, or shoes that were left out.
  • give all forms of electronics time off while working through school.  (Really!)
  • not stay up too late. (Not counting tonight, of course. :))
  • not watch Lost unless there really is time for it without staying up too late.
  • sit down while I eat. (This is hard for me during breakfast & lunch.)
  • eat healthy every day.
  • go to the gym at least 3 days this week.
  • give God all the glory for any motivation found in this week!

1 comment:

  1. Nice list... 19 years of the parenting business and I have at last mastered the not fretting over things left laying about business. It always cracks me up that people tell me how hard it is to train them selves to pick things up and put them away etc... I had to train myself to learn to leave them lay and not be so obsessed with it all the time.

    I have trouble with the eating breakfast and lunch regularly during school, also. I do okay when hubby is home but when we are in the midst of school I get so absorbed I kind of forget. Because of my diabetes, the kids will look at me and see I am getting kind of funny like I haven't eaten recently enough and hand me some fruit or something... which I usually eat while running between kids lessons or the washing machine. Oh, well... maybe what my grandmother said was true... if you eat standing up it goes down better? ☺

    Staying up late is a big problem for me, too. Hubby is a night owl and I like to get up early but if I want time alone with him I need to stay up late... either he is on the road late or he is trying to spend time with the kids since he is gone so many evenings. I end up burning the candle at both ends quite often... in more recent years I have tried to force myself to lay down for a few minutes in the afternoon... of course, I love to use nap time to get "my things" done. What a great problem to have, don't you think? Lives so wonderfully full that we have no time to sleep?

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete