Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How We Celebrate Christmas

I copied this from another blog and thought, why not?  So here it goes...

All you ever wanted to know about how we celebrate Christmas

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips!  I also enjoy a warm cup of spiced cider.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?  Wrapped, unless they are too big (like a bike).

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on tree.  We've always had white outside until last year, we decided to explore the world of color!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes, when I remember it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Oh, a little here and a little there.  Lights outside are usually hung before Thanksgiving or right after.  The tree goes up the first week in December. 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love sweetened sweet potatoes with apples & pineapples baked in with them.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Driving around looking at Christmas lights & displays, a tradition that carried on to our children.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't understand this question! :)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. Usually PJ's or fun socks. :)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Eclectically.  It has a variety of homemade ornaments mixed with store bought ornaments, bows, sometimes ribbon, sometimes cranberry garland, sometimes strung popcorn, a lighted star topper, and a homemade tree skirt.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love the first few snowfalls, then I'm done with it and ready for Spring!

12. Can you ice skate? Sort of.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember many favorties.  A doll that looked a lot like me, a bike, synthesizer, my own phone, Barbie pool set, Barbie van.  Gee, there were so many great gifts!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time together with family and friends, reflecting on the ultimate gift in Jesus.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Baked Alaska Cake.  Sooooo YUMMY!!!!  But I also enjoy a nice scoop of peppermint stick ice cream!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree to the sound of Christmas music and then watching Christmas Vacation multiple times throughout the season. (I know, it's not the Christian movie you would like to hear about, but we like to laugh!)

17. What tops your tree? A lighted star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I like both!  But if I had to choose, I'd say giving because I carefully choose gifts and love watching recipients open them!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the Bells. But there are MANY others I really like too!

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Love the soft ones that just melt in your mouth!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? A Christmas Carol at the Playhouse!  Also love the classics like Charlie Brown Christmas & Rudolph.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't listen to sad Christmas songs but that one called Christmas Shoes is a killer.

Copy to your blog to share your holiday spirit!

1 comment: