Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I Should be Doing but I'm Not

I should be finishing the laundry, washing dishes, and preparing for bed.  Instead, I'm reading and writing.  And before that, I was eating ice cream.  And before that, I was shopping.  What better way to console myself after an unsuccessful shopping trip than to have ice cream loaded with cookie dough?

I was less than enthused about the clothes I tried on.  Oh, they were cute enough.  Just not on me!  Had I stuck to my eating plan in the winter, I might have been happier with what I tried on.  But no, I rebelled.  And am still rebelling... hence the ice cream I had a little while ago.  I can totally relate to Paul when he said "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." (Romans 7:15).

I hate that I'm not more disciplined.  I hate that junk food is much cheaper than healthy food.  And I hate that I have to eat so little in order for the numbers on the scale to be lower.  Regular exercise has been not so regular lately, for various reasons.  It's been rainy and cold, and my gym routine was interrupted by my husbands work schedule and our Relay For Life.

Ok, so tomorrow is a new day.  I will motivate myself to get motivated!  Is that even possible???


3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you girl! I'm struggling with the exact same things! (Which basically means I don't have any good advice for you.) I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can motivate yourself!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa! I seriously could have written the same post on my blog! Feeling the exact same way. I just heard that exact verse in our small group Bible study last night too. I'm going to pray for you tonight my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete