Friday, January 7, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up: Are these my children?

It was Thursday evening.  The house was peacefully quiet.  Unusually quiet.  Yes, the children were home.  But where were they?  What were they doing?  Much to my delight, both of them were reading independently!  This is very exciting for me because Emily is a reluctant reader and Katie is an emergent reader.  I hope this is a sign of good things to come!

Another delightful moment came up in our dinner conversation when Emily said that she's actually glad that we're back in school now.  She said that she was getting bored and is glad to have something to do.  Huh.  Who would have thought???

Katie has been asking for extra school work - "more math and more reading," she says!  She told me today that she thinks she should be reading my teacher manuel!  Haha, you gotta love her enthusiasm!  And just when I thought I could rest for a little while that afternoon, she approached me with a request for more math.  Is this really my child?  Since she so eagerly asked, I obliged and honored her request.  Why not?

This week, Katie awarded me for being a great teacher, I received many "I Love You" drawings from Emily, and enjoyed many heartfelt hugs from both of them.  What more could a home schooling mom ask for?  It's been a delightful week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That is so awesome that your kids are loving to learn! Great job mom!!!! Maybe you should write a memoir (as opposed to Amy Chua)

    Pragmatic Mom of CoffeeShopBloggers

    ReplyDelete