Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up

I'll start with a question: when will my house ever be clean?  Seriously!  Every time I walk over to my best friend's house (two doors over), her house is always so tidy.  Granted, she has about half the amount of stuff we have (totally my fault, I'm a sentimental packrat), but still, the main areas of the house should be presentable.  I'm working on getting rid of things.  Really, I am.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I'll write about our week.  It was great!  No projects this week, except for pumpkin carving Thursday night.  We had co-op on Monday and the rest of the week is kind of a blur now.  Thursday and Friday were somewhat liesure, which was nice.  I say "somewhat" because we had appointments with the pediatrician Thursday afternoon.  Both the girls got shots.  Katie was the brave one and went first.  Not a single tear flowed from her eyes, although she did look like she was going to either puke or pass out!  Nonetheless, she still managed to try and comfort her big sister when it was her turn.  I'll bet it took a good 15-20 minutes for the nurse to give Emily her shots!  She threw such a fit, crying, kicking  & screaming!  Finally, we settled her enough and got it done.  Sheesh!

Overall, we had good check-ups.  Emily is struggling a bit with allergies, so we're giving her Zyrtec again, along with the Singulair.  Ugh!  And after going for an x-ray, we found that Katie has enlarged tonsils and adenoids.  If the nasal spray doesn't help then we will see an ENT.

Our low-key week ended with a Harvest Fest at church where we all enjoyed fellowship with others, games, food, inflatables, and of course, candy!



Linked from Weekly Wrap-up.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I wish to share a book that I'm reading {it's a short read} for homeschooling mom's. This book is great for all of us HSMoms! It'a called "Lies Homeschooling Moms believe" and the truth that sets them free by Todd Wilson Great book!! Let me know!!
    Also so good to see a little bit od how you are doing! sounds like you're keeping busy!! :) I haven't been in the blogging mood/world lately sorry! I hope you have a nice day! Blessings to you! ♥ Amy

    ReplyDelete