Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Terrific Tuesday!

This is the best Tuesday we've had.  Do I really keep track of days like that?  Well, sort of.  Since we have co-op every Monday, I always remember our Tuesdays!  Usually, they are not as productive as the rest of the week.  However, today went well.  Katie did very well with her phonics lesson and I didn't even have to threaten her!  I did talk with her before starting and I might have offered a small incentive. :)   She's doing great with it but she dreads doing it because it requires work.

Well, she breezed right through it today and completed her cute little animal book.  And, of course, she worked more in her Spectrum Spelling book.

Emily read more about pyramids and asked a few "did you know..." questions, which I love because it shows me that she's not only learning, but also interested in what she's learning!  She still reads every day without being asked, so I'm thrilled!

We started the day with a little music.  I played the violin for a number of years but stopped taking lessons a long time ago.  I also took piano lessons, also years ago, but only for a short time.  I'm attempting to teach the kids enough on the piano for them to be able to easily and recognizably play a Christmas song in December.  We'll see how this goes, but I'm thinking that next year we will add music lessons into our budget. :)  I realized that I really need to brush up on reading music and playing it correctly!  So I guess we'll all be learning together!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thanks for stopping over yesterday and I hope you learned something about Cider Making! lol....Love your blog..keep stopping by.

    Melis

    ReplyDelete