Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I-i-insect Badge

Katie's current letter is I/i so she made an insect badge - a ladybug, to be specific.  I was excited to use some of my stamping/scrapbooking supplies that are collecting dust right now from lack of use!  Anyway, she used a large circle punch to punch out a black circle.  Then used a slightly smaller circle punch to punch out a red circle, which I helped her cut in half.  She glued the two red circle halves onto the black circle to look like opened wings.  Then, she punched small black circles to place on the ladybug.  She drew eyes (which even have eyelashes!) and I helped her cut out antennas and then she glued the whole thing onto "grass" (a green piece of cardstock).  I wrote the lesson phrase on the green paper.  It turned out so cute!

2 comments:

  1. That is so adorable :) We're not there yet so I'll have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! We just finished up Ii insect, too. We spent two weeks on it since my son enjoyed it so much and I found so many insect resources for him. Great job!

    ReplyDelete