Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Best Way to Cook Bacon

Bacon makes everything better, right?  But who wants to deal with the greasy mess of cooking it on the stove?  Contrary to how I was taught, not me!!!  And while cooking bacon in the microwave is simple enough, the bacon tray eventually becomes hard to clean and the bacon sometimes sticks to the paper towels.

So... I've been cooking bacon in the oven - 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes - on a stoneware bar pan (jelly roll pan).  It comes out nice and crisp, just the way we like it!  What about the grease?  Well, as soon as I pull it out of the oven, I lift each piece onto paper towels and press a clean paper towel on top to absorb excess grease.  Clean up is easy, and I'm able to do other things while the bacon is cooking.  Once the pan cools a little, I pour the grease into a glass container and store it in the fridge for future use.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    We have been doing bacon like this for years and I love it. I don't have to worry about splatter burns or a mess to clean up. Nor do I have to stand over it while it cooks. I just pop it in and go about the rest of my cooking. The boys love for bacon watching and turning to be their job which I can let them do since there isn't a skillet full of hot grease to be concerned about.

    Hugs,

    Kat

    ReplyDelete